Monday, January 26, 2009

What We Do Not See

"Now Faith if being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
During my nine day fast, I had a wonderful revelation that was God inspired. I wanted to share this with all of you. You see, I had gone out to my rose bushes and pruned them all back. I had cut them down, knowing that they would eventually have new growth and pruning would produce more flowers. I knew that this process would take awhile and it would be months before I would see a new blossom. Then a few days later, in the middle of my fasting period, I was astonished at what I saw! I went outside to get my mail and there was a beautiful rosebud. "How could this be, when I just pruned?" I heard from deep within me, the Spirit whisper this answer. "You see with your human eyes and understand from your human wisdom but God is always working behind the scenes when you think things are not possible. God was working on this blossom for you and you did not even know it. Know that God is always working, even though you don't see it in your life. God will surprise you when you least expect it, just to show you that He is always with you." My eyes welled up with tears and I knew like in Hebrews 11:1, that I cannot only believe in what I see with my own eyes, but I need to have faith in what I cannot see. God truly spoke into my life that day!
Question: Are you in a situation right now, where you are thinking, where is God when I need Him? Why am I not seeing my prayers answered? Just have faith dear friends, and know that God is truly working behind the scenes for you.

No comments: