Wednesday, August 31, 2011

He Surrounds Us

 

Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion;
      they will not be defeated but will endure forever.
 Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem,
      so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever.Ps 125
So true, there ARE mountains that surround Jerusalem. Just this morning, I was praying for a young man for protection and I saw huge wings covering him. So I felt it was Psalm 91:4 where we are protected by God's wings as a shelter and  I sensed he was “under His wings”. But then, I read this morning and realized it was not wings, it was being “surrounded” by protection and then I saw the hills around Jerusalem and went, WOW, that’s it!! Not only are we protected by God's covering but we are surrounded by the protection also. We too are like that, to keep the image in our minds, that our God surrounds us and how very secure we are!! We will not defeated by the enemy, but we have the Lord surrounding us and what a praise to come from our lips. I will not only remember that His wings protect and cover me but He is like the mountains that surround Jerusalem...because His Word is His Promise to me that He surround me.

No comments: