Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Moving Forward


"You must therefore be careful to do as the Lord your God has commanded you; you shall not turn to the right or to the left. 33 You must follow exactly the path that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you are to possess." Deuteronomy 5:32-33
 The people of Israel needed to look back to the time when Moses received the Ten Commandments from God and once they reviewed the past, then they were to use that as their foundation and to move forward. Sometimes in life, we need to look back briefly before we begin to move forward. We may need to take an assessment of how far we have come in our relationship with Christ. It may begin by asking yourself this question, “Where was my faith five years ago?” Then when you review where you were, then you can then ask, “where am I now in my faith”. Now you can truly assess your growth. Once an assessment is made of where you are now, you can look forward as to where you believe God is leading you. Moving forward may not always have a clear path or clarity of your final destination. I do know that God will always give you the next step. It is funny, for I have found that the next step I need to take is always with faith.  I think it is like the time I was driving in fog. I could not see the road ahead of me but I could see the lines on the road directly in front, and all I could do was follow the lines, even when I could not see the road ahead. This is like our lives, walking in faith. We are to just be obedient and follow God’s Will in obedience, even when we don’t know where we are headed. Sometimes God will show us the road and where we are headed and other times, He just wants us to trust in Him. He wants us to walk in faith like Abraham, when he was called to leave his home with his family, and didn’t know where he was called. Faith, even as small as a mustard seed, is still faith. He never asks us for huge faith, but as long as we have faith, that is what will get us moving on his path.
Question: How has your faith walk grown in the last five years?





No comments: