Thursday, February 28, 2008

Highway to Holiness

"And a great road will go through that once deserted land. It will be named the Highway of Holiness. Evil-minded people will never travel on it. It will be only for those who walk in God's ways; fools will never walk there." Isaiah 35:8
As I was driving down the freeway this verse came alive to me. The Lord showed me that the way to Him is like a highway. Once we receive salvation, we are on His Highway. Each car is like a person and they vary in shape, color, size and age. As each car goes down the freeway, each one goes at a different speed. Some are cautious, some go fast with intensity and others just crawl along. The speed that our car takes on the Highway is like our spiritual walk. How is your speed? Also, notice how each car is in a different location and at times they move in and out of traffic to find a position in the lanes. That is how God moves us around in ministry and in our calling. One important thing that the Lord showed me was the on ramps. You see, some people come to the Highway from roads that are straight and direct, which is like the road that led them to the Lord. Other roads to the freeway entrance may be long, bumpy and have many turns. No matter how a person got to the Highway, it does not matter, for the destination is the same. We as Christians, need to give people the directions to get to the freeway and point the direction to the freeway on ramps. The journey is Jesus! I also thought of those on the Highway that may end up getting off the freeway and getting lost in places they did not expect. Have you ever been lost when you got off at the wrong exit?
     I love this vision that God showed me about the Highway of Holiness, for it meant to me that it didn't matter if my road to get to the Highway was tougher or more bumpy in comparison to the other freeway entrances, it just matters that I stay on the Highway. I also reflected on the speed signs on the Highway and how I could choose to go slowly and below the limit or I could speed ahead of my God and go way past where He wants me to be. I know that I need to follow God's Word, which is like that speed limit sign, because only God knows how I need to proceed. The next time you get on the freeway, picture all this around you and how it connects with your spiritual journey with Jesus!
Question: Are you in the lane on the Highway that the Lord wants you to be in? Are you keeping the speed limit by staying in God's word? What was your road like on your freeway entrance?

No comments: