Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Going Down

 "I waited patiently for the Lord,
he turned to me and heard my cry,
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand. " 
Psalm 40:1-2
 This Psalm begins with the scene of a person in a “pit”. It is like those old movies where we saw people being pulled down by quicksand. I remember seeing movies about quicksand and how people could easily be sucked into the muck and mire. All they need to do is to walk into the mud and there it is, they get caught and then they begin to sink. They are trapped. We too can venture into that muddy place in life. We can begin to entertain those thoughts of despair, discouragement and depression. I just prayed for a lady yesterday and this is where the lady was, she was stuck in the quick sand and in a pit. We needed to deliver her from those demonic spirits that had pulled her into that sinking sand. She felt so much better after the deliverance prayer, but she had to renounce those lies, lies that she was not worthy, that she will never get out and that there was no hope for her. Those are lies from the pit of hell. What does God’s Word say? There is hope, there is always light and love. We don't need to sink into that quicksand and believe the lies of the enemy. We need to keep our feet on the solid ground and know that the promises in God’s Word, is the foundation for which we stand. When we begin to doubt, then we sink into the quicksand of despair.  We need to watch for those signs...”beware of quicksand” and avoid those areas. We do this by acknowledging when we begin to entertin those thoughts and as soon as we begin to have the emotions of despair, discouragement, depression, fear....we renounce it and begin to praise God and speak His scripures (power verses) out loud. That is the weapon that will come against the enemy...the sword of truth! May we fight the spiritual battle with the promises from God’s Word. No pit dwelling for me!! I will be on guard for those “signs” and to not go there in my mind so that I will not begin to sink. I also will tell others about the trap of the enemy, that wants us to agree with him and begin to sink into that pit of despair.
Question: Are you in a pit and need to get out? Have you believed lies from the enemy and need truth?

No comments: