Monday, April 23, 2012

Pursue

“I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. “Proverbs 9:17
 In my devotions today, I was reading Proverbs 9. There was so much to say about wisdom and how we should pursue wisdom above all things. Then I got to verse 17 and it literally jumped off the page for me. It was like finding a little love note on my desk from God. As I saw the verse, I heard God speaking directly to me about Him loving me and about me seeking Him. When I seek Him, I will find Him. It does not mean that I can rush through my daily devotions, do a quick prayer then check off on my list of things to do today, “devotions, done”. Experiencing God in His fullness is to reach out for Him but another word that comes up is pursue. To me it means to strive in going forward, to chase, to run after, to intentionally go for what you desire. Sometimes I can get very comfortable in my devotions and not have a hunger or desire to "pursue". Explaining more about pursue, it is reaching out, striving, going deeper....getting hungry for more. That is the desire and passion that sparks the flame under devotions. That fire, that flame, that desire is the love we have for God. That is what this verse was saying to me, that He loves those that love Him. It makes so much sense, that when we love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, we will be seeking Him and pursing Him and then we will find Him. As I go into my devotions today in prayer, I will spend time just experiencing God. First, I need to be quiet, to seek and to pursue Him. Then and only then will I find Him.
Question: How much are you seeking God today?  

No comments: