Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bloom Where You are Planted

"I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set junipers in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together, so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it." Isaiah 41:19-20
Recently I have been asking the question, "Lord, is this where you want me to be in ministry?" I have been questioning the place where I am, and is this the place where I am called? I have been praying about this and I know that I want to follow God's will in my life but I really need to get confirmation. I began reading a book, "God's Armor Bearer" by Terry Nance. Terry says that in his office there is a plaque which reads: "Bloom where you are planted." At the moment I read that,  I realized that I am exactly where God wants me to be. This place may be like a desert and I may feel like that flower that is planted in that vast wasteland but I know now that God wants me to bloom! I want to remain faithful, no matter what pressure that I am facing for it is no fun to be out of the will of God. I know that I must be willing to stay in it for the rest of  my life, if that is what God wants! It is a time to rejoice in all that He has given me, and to do the very best I can with what He have given me. I will bloom, and do this in whatever environment I am placed. I know that I am exactly where God has divinely appointed me.  This goes even further than accepting where God has planted me in ministry, but it is accepting all the circumstances that surround me in life. Think about where you are planted right now? Are you in a desert? Are you surrounded by cactus in the dry wasteland? If you are, let me remind you that the Lord wants you to BLOOM, bloom to the best of your abilities so to glorify Him. Rejoice this day with me, in what the Lord has given you! Rejoice that we have a God that cares enough about us to sustain us in the toughest environment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aloha Pam.
I to use to be used to teach the young about the wonderful father we have. Now as time has gone on thy have bloomed into wonderful flowers and adding seeds to grow more. Keep up the wondwrful work and the fields will be spread with thousands of flowers Aloha Robert strapple