Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tangles Ropes of Sin

"For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes. An evil man is held captive by his own sins;they are ropes that catch and hold him."(Proverbs 5:21-22)
As I went into my devotions today, when I read that the “ropes will catch and hold” the evil man, I went,“WOW”. Many times when I have prayed for people in the healing & deliverance ministry sessions, I have seen in the spiritual realm, these same ropes but I described them as looking like “spider webs” of sin. When I saw this photo this morning when doing my search, it was exactly what I was seeing behind people that connected them to the enemy!! Oh those tangled webs we weave when we begin to walk our own path and do things our way. We can get so misguided and begin to not rely on God and follow His way. Staying grounded everyday is my task, to come before God and repent of being so selfish and self motivating in my actions and deeds. I need God to get my heart right and cut those ropes of sin so I can be free, so my heart is lined up with the Father’s Heart and His Will. Let it not be my will, but His will be done.I no longer want to get tangled in the ropes of sin but to be set free, by the blood of Jesus!
Question: Are you tangled in ropes of sin? What is one thing that you can let go that is connecting you to this world?

No comments: