Friday, February 5, 2010

Impossible to Possible


“Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

”That is impossible!” is a phrase that needs to be removed from my vocabulary. It is a perception from my human eyes and from my own thinking. I may see a situation and process it as not being able to be resolved and it is only from my own experiences that I see no options. I may go through my experiences and see that Plan A, Plan B and Plan C have worked for me in the past but none of these human solutions would work for this problem. When I get to this point of trying to figure it out on my own, I need to STOP and realize that the solutions are endless for God. God not only has a Plan D but His solutions are endless! I am trying to come up with the answers with my limited human capabilities. I need to realize that NOTHING is impossible with God. I have a greater awareness of this verse also. Notice that it does not say, “nothing is impossible FOR God” but it says, “nothing is impossible WITH God”. You see, it is a partnership and that partnership has to do with God and me. Our part is to go to God in prayer to seek His wisdom, His answers and to give the impossible situation to Him, to deal with. When we do that in partnership with Him, He will transform the impossible to possible! All things are possible WITH God! I am humbled this morning at the realization that what I thought as impossible, is possible WITH God but, I also have to be part of this equation.... ME + GOD = Possibilities. Any other equation is not effective nor will it provide results.

Question: Are you facing some impossible circumstances in your life? Are you willing to partner with God through prayer and see God make the impossible to be possible in your life?

No comments: