Monday, February 15, 2010

My Portion

You are my portion, O LORD;
I have promised to obey your words.
I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise." Psalm 119:57-58

This scripture was a perfect illustration that God knows everything about us and that HE is our portion. Think of the word “portion”. Think of when you go out to eat at a restaurant and sometimes the portions on your plate are very small and other times they are so big that you have to take the left-overs home with you. God is perfect and He fills us up perfectly – not too little nor too much – but He fills us to fullness, right up to the edges of plates and to just the capacity of what we can hold. He fills us, He completes us, He is our everything! Today my focus is on how complete God makes me and how perfect is His portion! He is my everything and without Him, my plate is empty!

Question: Is your life filled with God? What can you do to have God fill you completely?

No comments: