Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pass It On

" We will not hide them from their children;
we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
his power, and the wonders he has
done." Psalm 78:4

As I wake up this morning and look outside, I see clouds and rain, but I know that there is joy and sunshine that is in my heart today. It is brought about by digging deeper in God’s Word in my morning devotions. Deep within me, there is a sound like a resounding bell that is going off, for I know the truth that I hear in today’s scripture. It is all about not keeping what I have learned in this lifetime, but it is to pass it on to the next generation. There is a new generation of leaders being raised up today, that are being mentored so that they will be ready for the passing on of the baton of leadership. This new generation is full of passionate, spirit-filled men and women, to lead the nations – to lead a nation to be God Centered. It is my responsibility, as in Titus, to teach those in the next generation, so it may be passed on. This scripture this morning is confirmation that I do need to tell the next generation and share of all the wonderful things He has done! The words keep coming to me, “pass it on” and pour as much as I can to those that come after me. May God bless this next generation, for they have a big job ahead of them! I am thinking that the teaching opportunities that are coming up this month and next, that this is my opportunity to do what scriptures days, to pour out into the next generation, all the marvels and wonders of our God – and to pass it on!
Question: What are you doing to pour into the next generation? What do you have to pass on?

No comments: