Sunday, January 23, 2011

God's Love

"We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first." 1 John 4:19
 This morning, I started  "something new" on my 21-Day fast and today begins the first day for “liquids only”. I begin to think of the possibilities of what the day will hold for me and how the Lord can begin to unfold many words, phrases, confirmations, words of knowledge, scriptures and kairos moments. I sit quietly this morning with worship playing on my iPod and my Spirit is responding to His call. So funny, that clarity hit me and I realized that, God has always been there for me and I did not respond to His call. It is like this picture, He was always there with his love and all He wanted me to do was to reach for Him and to love Him back. You see, in devotions this morning, what jumped out on the page to me, is that God LOVED ME FIRST!! I didn’t have to do anything, He just watched, called, loved me and all I had to do is to go to Him and begin to open my own heart and to love Him back. God not only loved me first, but God IS love. God is perfect love and it is nothing I can earn, it is always there. It is a mind-set for me, to truly understand that HE LOVES ME. I had to stop, think and process this deeply like drinking it in. It is the love that the Father gives me that fills me up, day after day, but I need to go to the source in prayer and worship in order to have the relationship with Him. I was reading a book that Aimee Semple McPherson wrote and she said that the connection between God and us is like the electric wires on the poles and if there is a break anywhere along the line, there is no connection. Am I in connection with Him? Am I spending the quality time with Him? This fast has shown me that being in His presence is the place where I WANT to be. I love to sit, pray, love and be in His presence. It is not just a Sunday church relationship but a relationship that goes on all day long!! God loved me first and as I sense His love, I respond and love Him back with my whole heart! Love is so powerful and to know that God loved me first is amazing!! God is my everything and may I never get so far away from Him in the future that the wires of connection are broken. I want to keep that love flowing in my life, forever!
Question: Are you connected to the Father's love? What do you need to do to re-connect?

No comments: