Monday, January 24, 2011

Praying God's Will


"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15
 As I enter into day 8 of the 21-day fast, I am noticing some changes in me physically. As I went through the liquid fasting yesterday, my body began to get rid of the toxins that had been stored up in my body! I  have not been thinking of food, but kept pressing forward to hear His voice. Not only is my body getting rid of the physical toxins, but there are spiritual toxins that are being removed! Just as the refining fire purifies silver and makes the dross come to the surface, this is also happening in my life. The more that I press into  fasting and prayer, God seems to refine me more and more! I pray and sit in His presence and He ministers to me. He gives me words of encouragement, He shows me direction, He shows me how to pray and for whom I should pray. This is what this scripture tells me today, it is about knowing the Father’s heart and praying His Will. It is not prayers that I have authored, or what I call “controlling prayers”. Controlling prayers are when I want God to accomplish something for me and the prayers not to be in His Will. I want to always be in His Will and to  know how to direct His prayers so I can best  accomplish His work here on Earth. His Will be done and not mine!! As I heard John Bevere speak last week, he said that God’s Voice shows us how to pray and that we are His "second voice" when we express it in prayer. When we pray His Will,  God is so very proud of us to be able to speak His heart. What a beautiful communion between God and His children.  Beth Moore writes that there is power when we pray scripture. It is like taking two sticks of dynamite and tying them together to get an explosion in the Heavenlies. We tie scripture to prayer and we get a spiritual explosion! If we pray scripture, we know that we are praying God’s Word. Doesn’t this just give you a whole new perspective on prayer today? I am so grateful, to tears, this morning for this Word. I not only got so much from yesterday and hearing that God IS love and that He loves us first, but when we do come to Him in prayer, then we come in the presence of God and we can be His second voice to pray His Will. I will share this word this weekend as I begin my Prayer Series class at another church on Saturday. May God anoint my words and guide me, according to His Will!

Question: Are you praying God's Will or your will?

No comments: